Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Crockpot Lemon Garlic Chicken

2 lb boneless skinless chicken
1 1/2 t. oregano
1/2 t. seasoned salt
1/4 t. pepper
2 t. fresh parsley (or 1/3 to 1/2 amount dried)
2 T butter
1/4 c. water
4 T lemon juice
4 cloves minced garlic
2 t. chicken bouillon

Wash and dry chicken. Combine oregano, salt and pepper, sprinkle and pat into chicken. Brown on both sides on the stove top (the original recipe says in butter, but I used olive oil cooking spray). Transfer to the crock pot. Add water, lemon juice, bouillon, garlic and parsley to pan, scrape the bottom and bring to a boil. Pour into the crock pot. Cook on high 2 1/2-3 hours or low 5-6. I used chicken breasts and cooked on low and this was too long, but legs/thighs would need more time. Baste during cooking a couple times. Serve with rice or fettuccine (or another noodle, or quinoa, or even mashed potatoes). As usual, I estimated the amounts of spices and garlic. The amounts above are from the original recipe, and may or may not be the amounts I used.

I made this as a company meal and because of that I served it with fettuccine and Parmesan cheese. It was nice to have the main course in the crock pot and ready to go so I just needed to worry about the pasta and the vegetable (roasted asparagus). I tend to avoid recipes that make you dirty up a pan before putting the food in the crock pot (the whole point of the crock pot is to make it easy, so why would you create more dishwashing for yourself?), but this was very good and had lots of flavor. Enjoy!
(I would give credit, but I found it somewhere online a while ago and I can't remember where.)
Edit: Found it here!

No comments:

Post a Comment