Monday, March 26, 2012

Meal Plan - week of 3/26

- Warm lentil salad with fried eggs
Edit: This was fantastic. We had scrambled eggs with mushrooms and cheese with it instead, but it would make a great one dish meal.
- leftover chipotle black bean and pork soup (this is the first time I've used chipotle peppers in adobo, and they are spicier than I expected)
- Popcorn shrimp from a box with "Outback blooming onion" dipping sauce, sauteed spinach and mushrooms
Edit: this hasn't happened yet.
- Ladies' brunch: Sausage and Grits Casserole + quick bread (below) + "potluck"

Baking: Caramelized Onion & Spinach Olive Oil Quick Break- A savory quick bread that includes spinach, onions and feta? I knew as soon as I saw this I was going to be making it soon.
Edit: I thought the olive oil flavor was a little strong at first, but it mellowed over a couple days in the fridge and I ended up really liking it.

Given that it's still tax season and I'm on my own a couple of nights (meaning scrounging/leftovers/random salads) this should probably do the trick. Best case scenario, later in the week I will come up with some ideas for the following week, instead of waiting until Monday (or never, as the case may be). However that week is also Easter break, so that gives me a bit of a break as well!

No comments:

Post a Comment