Monday, December 5, 2011

Blessed

But now the righteousness of God has been manifested apart from the law, although the Law and the Prophets bear witness to it— the righteousness of God through faith in Jesus Christ for all who believe. For there is no distinction: for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God, and are justified by his grace as a gift, through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus, whom God put forward as a propitiation by his blood, to be received by faith. This was to show God’s righteousness, because in his divine forbearance he had passed over former sins. It was to show his righteousness at the present time, so that he might be just and the justifier of the one who has faith in Jesus.
~Romans 3: 21-26

My husband taught this passage to the middle school youth group at church last night. He did a wonderful job explaining the passage and keeping the kids engaged. They seemed attentive and I hope they took away even a little of the wonder and grace this passage shows of God's love.

I was so struck during the lesson by how blessed I truly am. I am assured of God's love and grace, as the passage describes, though I know what a sinner I am. (And may I truly live it.) I am married to an amazing man who has such a heart for teaching God's Word to these kids. And there are so many other blessings on top of that. God is good.

No comments:

Post a Comment