Thursday, December 22, 2011

Holiday Cooking and Baking, part I

I started Tuesday with Preacher Cookies (a.k.a. no-bakes) and spiced pretzels for my wonderful students. Our last class was Wednesday.

I made latkes for supper that night as well, in honor of the first night of Hanukkah. We ate them with sour cream, the first jar of my own canned stewed apples that we've opened, and green salads. The apples were great, and I was so pleased that the jar was still completely sealed and they weren't too mushy as I had worried they could be after processing. The latkes were good too, though I'm not sure they were perfectly fried. I am not an expert in frying things (this is the only case I would do it) and I'm ok with that. I only partially followed the recipe above.

This morning I made gingerbread dough and cut, baked and decorated the cookies with my sister and nieces. They tasted good, some turned out well...



Some not so much.
We still had a good time though!

No comments:

Post a Comment