Thursday, December 15, 2011

Don't you like random lists?

1. Spoliation is a word, and a very cool one at that. Note to self: try to find a way to work this word into everyday conversation.

2. While I love Wal-mart, their own brand of tea (decaf at least) is terrible. I will throw it out as soon as I get around to buying another kind. And no, I am not a tea snob (the fact that I even tried WMT tea should be a good indication).

3. This is more something I was reminded of, but I just love development economics. Economic Expansion and Development was one of my favorite classes in college and I was reminded of this throughout the last few chapters of Foundations of Economics by Shawn Ritenour. I definitely recommend this book if you want to learn about free market economics from a Christian perspective. I find it so fascinating how all the pieces of the economic theory puzzle come together into a practical path for economic progress. Even better is the way all of it jives with the Christian worldview. This shouldn't come as a surprise, since God created us in His image to harmonize with the rest of his creation, but it still amazes me that it all fits so perfectly!

4. I taught my last actual lesson to my high school economics students yesterday, and handed out their final exam (to be taken at home and proctored by a parent). I am amazed that this semester has gone by so quickly. I think it went fairly well. I know some things that I will have to change for the future, and I have certainly learned so much. I hope the students have also learned and that they don't forget the material, but I also hope they enjoyed it. I truly enjoy economics and it has been such a blessing for me to be able to share it with these students, so if they received some inkling of that enjoyment through class then I am happy.

5. Christmas is in 10 days!! We have yet to put up our Christmas tree, which is very sad. I haven't finished shopping yet, either. I am heading out to try to finish up (hopefully) today.

6. We did, however, watch Charlie Brown Christmas already this year. It is such a good show and I love to watch it. It is probably one of the few things that really is tradition around here, for me at least. It is amazing that such a clear presentation of the Christmas story has been running on regular TV for so many years. God works in mysterious ways.

No comments:

Post a Comment