Monday, April 9, 2012

Life, randomness, and meals this week

I have a new nephew! How cool is that?!

Today could be considered a typical Monday. Here's hoping Tuesday is much better.

It's amazing how much a particular song or type of music can bring back memories of particular times. When I hear songs from Rascal Flatt's first album, I am still brought back to summer mornings spent compiling the 4-H club's historian's book (aka scrapbook) for the fair (and that was quite a few years ago). At the moment I'm listening to Sister Hazel's music, and it's bringing me back to studying in college. Of course, the fact that I'm listening as I'm working on lesson plans relating to Constitutional concerns surrounding the War Between the States is helping with those memories.

Meal planning:
Ravioli (frozen) and pasta sauce-with kale either on the side or in the pasta: I can't decide if pasta sauce on kale would be weird or yummy. Thoughts?

Ham and cabbage (aka Easter leftovers) probably with kale, possibly with leftover bread or sweet potatoes, or something.

Ham, asparagus and pasta: I had a coupon for some of this stuff so I bought it on a whim. I think this will be a good way to try it out.

Lunches- leftovers
Breakfasts- hard boiled eggs

P.S. I didn't find a sale good enough (plus the potatoes didn't look very good) to restock my sweet potato supply. I have one sweet potato left in my Thanksgiving stash in a paper bag in the pantry.

P.P.S. In case you haven't noticed a trend, I've been cooking a lot of kale. There is a post in the works about that, which I may or may not end up posting.

No comments:

Post a Comment